Tuesday 10 July 2012

Leighton Buzzard, England

We hate visas.

My Russian visa was rejected twice on the basis that I do not have a stamp in my passport to say I am here in the UK legally. Luckily we won them over with a letter explaining the situation and proof that I have been living in England for at least 6 months.

My Chinese visa has also been rejected twice, but they do not seem to be swayed by the evidence we have provided. Our wonderful agent at Real Russia is going to the embassy personally tomorrow to see if they can be convinced, but it is unlikely they will fold now.

We will therefore have to get a Chinese visa when in Mongolia, but that seems relatively straightforward. I guess we will find out in late September.

On a brighter note we have been spending lots of time with Dani's family, as her sister Lauren and Lauren's boyfriend (also called Sam) have moved in, and there was a wedding of course.


It was a very relaxed affair, and despite the unseasonable downpours it was a great day. Its a shame they are all so short though.


We also managed to get our hands on an Olympic torch that one of the guests brought along. It was surprisingly light, but apparently cost over £250 to buy.


Hopefully, with no further setbacks we will be departing in just over one week for Amsterdam. Lets hope we get some reprieve from the rain before then.